“Patients with Waterlow scores under 25 did not develop pressure ulcers on the Thermocontour® mattress.” Sylvie Hampton, 1998/99
- Cover wash at 75ºC / 200ºF or wipe down with normal hospital cleaning fluids or sprays
- May be dry autoclaved
Products safe to use are:-
• 90% alcohol +2% ether • Ethanol 70% (608gms/C) • Oliën 7gms/C for 5 minutes
• H.A.C. • Reocid • Dettol • Lyorthol • Prespect • Hycolin • Clearsol
DO NOT use abrasive methods such as
- Scrubbing brush - Acetone (nail polish remover) - Paint remover
- Sodium Hydroxide - Phenols
To view individual files click on the links below or click on the links to the right to download a PDF of each section
The Princess Margaret Hospital
Regulatory Compliance CE - Medical Devices
HANDLING: The covers should be handled with care. The mattress weighs circa 11-12.5 kgs depending on size.
IN SERVICE: No preparation is needed.The products can be put into service immediately. For the mattress use an ordinary cotton sheet. No mattress protector should be used. The breathable surface absorbs perspiration but remains liquidproof.
STORAGE: The mattress can be stored flat, on the side, or on end without damage. It is not affected by freezing nor high temperatures up to 60°C. It should always be stored with the original cover in place.